ragingbiblioholism

Raging Biblioholism

A Storm of Swords (HBO Tie-in Edition): A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Three

A Storm of Swords  - George R.R. Martin YES YES YES. That's what I'm talking about: an incredible, incredible (if, yes, a bit long) entry into this impressive series. I wouldn't call any of this 'resolution' but man oh man did a whole lot of stuff happen and man oh man did all of it seriously push this plot forward. Except most of Dany's stuff, but, she's the Hamlet of this series (I'm gonna keep pushing that til it sticks) and so she gets a pass. But anyway. In the wake of the last novel, which left me satisfied but also feeling strangely restless and irritated, Martin storms back and sets off several major plot explosions that, I do not kid, dropped my jaw. There's a moment, one I won't spoil because I know the TV series hasn't gotten there yet, that I went back and re-read because it was just so well done that I wanted, immediately, to experience it again. AND THEN Martin pulls off the same plot point in a different place - HE PULLS IT OFF! I'm laughing just thinking about how ballsy the man is. Look, if you aren't on board with this series yet, there's little chance you've even made it so far as this book. But if the end of [b:A Clash of Kings|10572|A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)|George R.R. Martin|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1358254974s/10572.jpg|3272005] left you feeling a little on-the-fence... this book will absolutely reward you for your investment. More at RB: http://wp.me/pGVzJ-I3