49 Followers
23 Following
ragingbiblioholism

Raging Biblioholism

This Is Where I Leave You

This Is Where I Leave You - Jonathan Tropper There's nothing new about this book. It's a dysfunctional family comedy waiting to be made into a movie. But you know what? It's funny as hell and has a lot of heart. You know probably about 80% of the plot points before they happen and the other 20% doesn't hold anything wildly surprising - but it depends on how you feel about that. I went in fully aware that that's what I was in for and I loved the book. Laughed out loud every time I picked it up. And at the end, as Judd drove off in the Porsche, I saw it in my head like a movie with John Mayer's "Queen of California" playing over the pan up over the highway as the credits start to roll. And I was totally okay with that.More general thoughts about the general good-ness of the book at RB: http://wp.me/pGVzJ-pn